Membership Terms & Conditions
It’s a condition of enrolment that members are aware of and agree to abide by the Kung Fu Southside terms and conditions. We also expect Junior students, and their parents on their behalf, to read and understand these terms and conditions.
All members and their guests use Kung Fu Southside facilities at their own risk. Kung Fu Southside cannot accept responsibility for damage or injury through the use of any facility. The practise of martial arts is a “dangerous recreational activity” as that phrase is defined in Section 18 of the Civil Liability Act 2003. Furthermore, Kung Fu Southside is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, or damage to property or vehicles.
Damage to Kung Fu Southside property must be paid for by any member who wilfully or negligently causes such damage. Members are responsible for damage caused by their guests or children.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Kung Fu Southside obligates itself to furnish members with competent instruction and suitable facilities for teaching lessons. Qualified personnel trained in the full procedures and traditions of the martial arts supervise all classes.
Members must have received advice from a qualified medical practitioner to the effect they are physically fit to receive and participate in the prescribed martial arts lessons.
Tuition fees are to be pre-paid in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments or as arranged with Kung Fu Southside, and is not affected by a lesson schedule and/or attendance.
If members wish to discontinue training with Kung Fu Southside, they will not be eligible for a refund of pre-paid tuition fees. Members must also notify Kung Fu Southside in writing and annual membership contracts are current for the duration that members join. Members can, however, sell the remaining time of annual memberships to a third person/party.
Members will faithfully comply with all the rules and regulations of Kung Fu Southside and the traditions of the martial arts. Members further understand that failure to complete the lessons does not relieve them of any obligation to pay the tuition in full.
Members agree to receive and participate and Kung Fu Southside agrees to teach martial arts lessons so long as members are financial members of Kung Fu Southside.
Members agree to be solely dedicated, to the discipline taught at Kung Fu Southside, (training at any other school is not permitted without permission) and to train diligently & respectfully while training at Kung Fu Southside.
If member applications are accepted then in consideration of Kung Fu Southside agreeing to give or giving me instruction and/or accepting or agreeing to accept payment for instruction, I hereby agree and undertake that:
- Members will not use or teach any of the Written or Intellectual Property of Kung Fu Southside or David Richardson, furthermore, they understand that written permission must be obtained for such action.
- Members understand that a breach against the above mentioned paragraph may result in termination of their membership and further legal action against them by Kung Fu Southside.
- Members agree that should they breach condition #1 of this enrolment /agreement application form and have their membership terminated, they will not be permitted to teach or instruct students in self-defence or martial arts, in particular Wing Chun Kung Fu, Chi Gung or any martial arts which includes any part of the Wing Chun System, for a period of 5 years, from the commencement of my membership termination date.
- Members agree that upon their membership being terminated, they will not be permitted to instruct at any premises for the purpose of the instruction of martial arts or self-defence, within a radius of 100km from the Kung Fu Southside Headquarters or its affiliated schools, for a period of 5 years, commencing on the membership termination date.
Members covenant personally and for their heirs, administrators and executors not to hold Kung Fu Southside responsible for nor take or make any action, suit, claim, demand, cost or expense of any description what so ever including instructors, students, shareholders or directors and hereby release and forever discharge and agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Kung Fu Southside.
- Members will obey and abide by all rules, regulations, orders and/or decisions of Kung Fu Southside, its servants, agents, executives and students/instructors.
Members are liable for the full amount of any contract.
- Membership can be terminated at any time and any termination must be in writing.
Members may cancel this contract without any penalty or further obligation within three (3) days from the date of this agreement and receive a full refund on enrolment payment. Notice of cancellation shall be in writing and emailed to Kung Fu Southside.
After three (3) days has expired from signing the application to join, members will be liable for the full amount of their annual membership & tuition fees for the duration of the contract. No refund will be provided after such time, however annual membership may be transferred to a third person/party.
COVID clause: In the event that physical classes cannot be conducted at the club, we will continue learning via online classes. This is deemed to be classified as still providing training services and fees will continue as normal unless otherwise arranged.
Terms & Conditions Changes
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and are posted on this page.
New conditions are effective immediately from the date of change.
Change of Address
We ask that members notify us of a change of mailing address, email address or telephone numbers as soon as possible. It’s essential that you keep this information up-to-date so that we can contact you if necessary or in an emergency. Your email address is also used to tell you about news and events.
TRAINING AND FACILITIES
Progress and Concerns
Members can discuss their progress or concerns with our instructors or staff at any time.
Always call us if you can’t attend class, so we can help you catch up. It’s vital to catch up on syllabus work.
All students can cross-train at the Kung Fu Southside Centre during open hours, as long as they do not interrupt ongoing classes.
Children required to wait for parents should be of the understanding they are to wait in the foyer. For any undue delay in picking up your child, please call the club on 0488 020 604 to alleviate any worry.
Kungfu Southside is not a babysitting facility. Siblings and other children need to be supervised by an adult whilst at the club.
Parents must be of the understanding that Kungfu Southside will accept no responsibility for supervision of children outside their designated training times.
For safety and security reasons, members are not permitted to enter the area behind the reception desk. If members require assistance or would like to make a purchase, they should notify one of the staff members on duty.
Kung Fu Southside asks that shoes, bags and clothes be left in the change area to not clutter up the reception area.
Do not leave valuables in the change area. Members should take these items with them onto the training area.
Kung Fu Southside does collect and hold lost property. It is held for one month, and then donated to a local charity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We believe members should always act in ways that acknowledge pride in Kung Fu Southside and themselves. Kung Fu Southside members are expected to always use common sense and are regarded as being under the centre’s discipline when on the premises or at Kung Fu Southside functions.
- Be ethical, fair and honest in all their dealings with other people and Kung Fu Southside
- To maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the centre, and to allow members to train in a positive environment, we ask that members exhibit disciplined and responsible conduct
- Kung Fu Southside retains the right to discipline, suspend or dismiss any member from its centre, on the grounds of unsatisfactory conduct or performance of the member or the member’s parent, or failure to observe any of our rules
- Take pride in your uniform by wearing it neatly and appropriately
- Always use common courtesy, good judgement and general good manners, which includes responding kindly and politely to the words and actions of other people
- Be considerate and respectful of others, which includes considering the volume of your voice, swearing and offensive language
Consider your own safety as well as the safety of others. Be careful where you place your possessions
- Always place the safety and welfare of children above other considerations
- Comply with all relevant Australian laws (Federal and State), particularly anti-discrimination and child protection laws
- Do not chew gum or eat
- Do not park too close or across doorways. It is important that we show consideration to our neighbours
- Do not allow children to stand on the furniture
- No animals are permitted in the club
- Do not allow children to play in the change rooms
PARENT &/or GUARDIAN CODE of CONDUCT
As a parent or guardian of a student or participant at Kungfu Southside, or at any activity or event in which Kungfu Southside is represented, you must meet the following requirements regarding your conduct.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others
- Remember that your child participates in sport for their own enjoyment, not yours
- Focus on your child’s efforts and performance, rather than winning or losing
- Never ridicule or yell at your child or other children for making mistakes or losing a competition
- Show appreciation for good performances and skilful plays by all participants (including opposing competitors)
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with or in the vicinity of persons under 18 years of age, as your words and actions are an example
- Respect official’s decisions and teach your children to do likewise
- Do not physically or verbally abuse or harass anyone associated with the school (student, coach, administrators, and so forth)
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- Be a positive role model
- Understand that the repercussions of breaching this code of behaviour may be suspension or removal from Kungfu Southside
- Follow the Kungfu Southside Code of Conduct
Grooming and Personal Hygiene
Wing Chun is a close contact sport. We ask that members maintain high standards of personal hygiene and keep their fingernails and toenails clean and trimmed.
Kung Fu Southside staff may take photographs of students at times, in class or at events, which may be used on our website or social media sites.
Tell us if you don’t want your photograph taken or published.
Training Rules and Guidelines
Kung Fu Southside is committed to providing positive and dynamic martial arts training facilities. To do so, some guidelines need to be followed for the benefit of all members and for the constant and never-ending improvement of the training centre. We want you to train effectively and realise your goals.
- Members are asked to not infringe on the rights of others, nor bring discredit through their actions on themselves or Kung Fu Southside
- Adherence to our rules and guidelines will help us to run more efficiently and let us serve you better
- Work on your fitness with meaning 24/7
- Bow on entering and leaving the training hall
- Bow to instructors as a Wing Chun courtesy
- Always wear the proper uniform
- For safety reasons, wear no jewellery in class
- No chewing gum is allowed
- Use only your own water bottle
- Use your own training gear in contact sparrings such as mouthguard, groin guard, arm and shin guards, chest protector and head guard
- No food is allowed in the training hall
- Members taking medication (e.g. asthma inhaler) should it at all times and tell their instructor
- Member allergies must be indicated on event forms
- Kung Fu Southside has anaphylactic plans in place – always fill in appropriate forms requesting allergy information
- Abusive language or misconduct is not tolerated
- A high standard of personal discipline is expected
- Warming up before training and cooling down after training is essential to prevent injuries
- Tell your instructor in advance if you need to leave early
- Kung Fu Southside is smoke free inside and around the perimeters of centres
- Spectators can enter the main training hall by instructors’ invitation only
Members, their parents or legal guardians realise that sometimes injuries may occur while doing martial arts and sports due to accidents. They will not hold Kung Fu Southside, its instructors or event organisers and helpers responsible for any injuries that may occur and agree to Kung Fu Southside staff seeking medical help or administering first aid in the case of injury as deemed appropriate. Costs associated with the injury will be the responsibility of the member, parent or legal guardian.
NOTICE OF CONSUMER’S RIGHTS
- Members have the right to cancel contracts three (3) business days after receipt of a copy of the contract. Cancellation must be in writing, and delivered in Person or by certified or registered mail to Kung Fu Southside. Members are entitled to a full refund if cancellation is received within three (3) business days.
- If members become disabled for at least three (3) months during the membership terms and that disability is confirmed in writing by a physician, members have a right to an extension and/or termination of the contract.
- If for no other reason members wish to stop training, a notice confirming their intention to terminate the agreement must be given in writing before the contract will be deemed terminated. Alternatively, annual membership may be transferred to another person.
- If the organization is closed for a month or more, members are entitled to their choice of either an extension of the contract or pro-rata refund, except if the closing is not the fault of the facility, in which case the choice of remedy is the Organisations.
- This notice of consumer’s rights is an integral part of the Application and Contract for Membership.
Required by the site for security purposes or proper functioning
Used to block bots from sending spam messages through forms and brute force attacking the login system.
October CMS SessionThis cookie is used to keep track of user logins.
Cookies and scripts that don’t fit into any other group and are not necessary for the basic functionality of the site.
Open Street Map
Used in context with the website’s map content. The cookie is set by OpenStreetMap in order to limit the number of requests over a given time.
These cookies and scripts are used to add usage search and anonymous user statistics to allow us to optimize the site
This cookie/script is used to add Google analytics tracking in order to track usage, search and anonymous user statistics for optimizing the site.